Active Voices tackles critical issues paramount to health and development. Through advocacy, research, partnerships and program interventions, we improve the health and rights of children, youths, women and girls.
We are a nascent non-governmental; pro-girl; pro-women and pro-youth organization with a focus on sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR), education, gender equity and gender-based violence (GBV).
Active Voices works in collaboration with a broad range of organizations. Active Voices is seeking professionals to fill the following position:
Job Type Contract, Full Time
Job Field NGO/Non-Profit
Duration: One Year (Upon availability of funds)
The Program coordinator works at a national level to provide technical and managerial leadership under the direction of the Program Manager. This position is responsible for the development and implementation of strategies and work plans to ensure that program goals and objectives are met. This includes providing strategic inputs for annual work plans, proposal development, analysis of programmatic results, identification and resolution of challenges and program performance, application of lessons learned and best practices to improve program performance, donor reporting, and personnel management.
1. Serve as the primary contact for all information and requests for technical or programmatic assistance for new or ongoing Active Voices’ activities in Nigeria
2. Provide direct technical support to ongoing programs as needed
3. Ensure that Active Vices’ project management approaches and tools are utilized in the management of projects
4. Develop grant proposals and work plans including budgets and modifications as required
5. Lead process to proactively identify and document risks that can negatively affect program deliverables, and develop strategies to mitigate risk
6. Review projects’ work plans to ensure that they advance the program’s overall strategy, meet key deliverables to achieve project objectives and adequately define work that is achievable within the given time frame and budget
7. Ensure that all projects have strong monitoring and evaluation plans and comply with Active Voices’ best practices
8. Ensure that all research and learning activities are compliant with review and approval processes of Nigeria’s human research ethical review committee
9. Represent Active Voices in professional circles through meetings and conferences
10. Supervise program and administrative support staff
11. Provide oversight and support to Human Resource Management and ensure appropriate orientation for new staff
1. A minimum of a university degree or its equivalent in Public Health or any Social or Health Science related fields. A Master’s degree is an added advantage
2. A minimum of two years of experience in the development sector
3. Understanding of NGO’s operation, best practices and market trends
4. Proficiency in the use of the Internet, Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point programmes is essential
5. Understanding of local communities and culture in Nigeria
6. Intermediate research skills
7. Strong interpersonal skills, including excellent spoken and written communication, presentation and networking skills are essential
8. Evidence of ability to think strategically; to express ideas clearly; candidate should be able to demonstrate a sense of cultural and gender sensitivity.
9. Ability to work independently and cooperatively in a team.
10. Creativity, attention to detail and efficient delivery methods.
11. Good leadership skills
Method of Application
Interested and qualified applicants should send a cover letter (including expected income) and curriculum vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org. Application closes on 01 October 2018. Kindly indicate your salary expectation in the cover letter.